Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 3 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Laser Midstream Company, LLC Pipeline ROW

• 862 Replies

Isheoktoday

Re: Laser Midstream Company, LLC Pipeline ROW
« Reply #825 on: May 23, 2013, 04:59:31 PM »
The Coyle unit declaration which I saw is nasty. I would do everything I could think of to remedy it. The acreage left out covers too much. I only have hard copy, maybe somebody could forward a digital copy to you Donegal to see for yourself.

Company to company forced pooling is needed in my opinion, no skin in the game for me though.

donegal

« Reply #826 on: June 05, 2013, 08:54:54 AM »
Time for some housekeepin' on Reply #311 of 12/15/ 2010.  Been gettin' some PM's on  that the therein posted link to the otherwise Top-Secret Laser Landowner's ROW Agreement no longer works. Therefore, I am posting the revised web link.  Sorry about that, but  DON'T blame me, blame New York State. Who says NYS don't do nuthin'?  ;)

Please Note: Obsolete link to Laser Landowner's ROW Agreement has been updated.  HERE IS THE NEW LINK:

http://documents.dps.ny.gov/public/Common/ViewDoc.aspx?DocRefId=%7B88AA5A03-12D5-47D4-95E6-C365B6CC340C%7D

Worth a Read AND a Print

Hope it helps,
Donegal

SANTA was here!!!! I DO BELIEVE IN HIM!! HE left us the best present EVER!!

(Yes, chasgas, BETTER than any pony!! What is it??? Well kids, ya'll sit in a circle and ol' Donegal is gonna' open it up and show you...(hint....you better go pee first cause otherwise,you're gonna' wet yer pants....yea, I KNOW some do anyhow wj,...just don't make fun of 'em....or sit near 'em.  Oh yea, you're gonna' want to ask for more ink and paper this yule year too ONCE you see what I got!!)

(Drum roll please......d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d......)

Update 6/5/2013:  The adress link below may now be obsolete. If so try the second one. REMEMBER - Read it, PRINT it, use it, don't lose it:

Obsolete link:
http://documents.dps.state.ny.us/public/Common/ViewDoc.aspx?DocRefId=%7B88AA5A03-12D5-47D4-95E6-C365B6CC340C%7D

NEW link:
http://documents.dps.ny.gov/public/Common/ViewDoc.aspx?DocRefId=%7B88AA5A03-12D5-47D4-95E6-C365B6CC340C%7D

Some of the older kids go OOOooohhhhH!!!! Others just say, "What is it???"..... WHAT IS IT???  WHAT'D you think it was gonna' be?? New $20 Jackson plates for your printers?? (Well, ACTUALLY THIS DOCUMENT CAN BE for anyone negotiating a pipeline ROW lease in the future.)

IT IS A GENUINE LASER/LANDOWNER AGREEMENT  WITHOUT ANY ADDENDA REDACTED!!!

This one EVEN includes the optional Tie-in Agreement!
(How ironic,...the Lessor is named "Hammer Back"....dunno' that kid....but I taught a few "Hammerheads" in school!!)

Huh?? How'd I get it???  HEY!!... Hey, do I ask you who printed your money?? Let's just say that I went into the County Clerk's Office and "propositioned " her...I just promised that I would leave her alone, if she gave me a copy of the agreement...(Just look at my Avatar photo and you'll agree that she made a wise choice.)  Honestly it was legal, and let this be a lesson to you Little Ones,....NEVER give up!! (unless, of course, BartieBoy  is chokin' you with his cape...)

Well, I'm tired, time to pull a cold one from the tap...(NO!!!Not the water tap...)
This Ol' Soldier is gonna' be Home for Christmas THIS year!!.....(if you wanna' stop me...it takes more than just a bullet....),

Donegal

p.s.  Cicero, is it time to yell BINGO yet??  How about some R&R  for me.....and Marcella?? Tell her I have something for her too........
p.p.s. Folks, read it, print it, use it, don't lose it....and "pass it on"...do some research for someone else....THAT is my contribution....

"Merry Christmas"......"Happy New Year"

...hey wj, WHO was this lump of coal for??...oh yea, NOW, I remember,...but he's not home this year....Yea, you're right!!!....It'll keep!! Does he even HAVE a chimney?? Oh O.K.,...just toss it through the window,...works for me, too.
We finally scuttled the Exxon Valdez (for the second time in her life), and turned in at the boatyard the ol'  gray Bismarck before she sank too..  Now I'm Captain of the most beautifulest boat ever, the "HMS HOOD", a 2012 stealth black AWD V-8 Chrysler 300.

donegal

« Reply #827 on: June 05, 2013, 09:26:53 AM »
Just so's the $$ details don't get so easliy lost, here's the Payment Option Terms:

The Grantor at the time of signing the Easement shall elect one of the following methods of compensation. This election does not preclude the parties from agreeing to any other or additional compensation in the side agreements
(Notice. Some landowners may have negotiated additional compensation for......additional temporary workspace, substantial impact/interruption of activities, timber......whatever)

Option 1
• Payment in full at signing of $40.00 per linear foot
• Damages for interference with use during construction and restoration to be agreed to by separate side agreement
• Renewal payment for additional 20 years at $60 per linear foot, if Grantee elects to renew for a second tenn, to the then given owner of the property

option 2
• Payment upon signing of $20.00 per linear foot
• Annual payments of $3.50 per linear foot per pipeline adjusted every 5 years by the lesser of the aggregate change in the CPI, not to exceed an increase or decrease of twelve percent of the previous payment. If and when a second pipeline Is installed, the additional rental payment for the second pipeline shall be calculated at the then current annual rate being paid on the first pipeline and shall adjust in tandem with the rental on the first pipeline

Save for your future reference,
Donegal
We finally scuttled the Exxon Valdez (for the second time in her life), and turned in at the boatyard the ol'  gray Bismarck before she sank too..  Now I'm Captain of the most beautifulest boat ever, the "HMS HOOD", a 2012 stealth black AWD V-8 Chrysler 300.

Laurie

« Reply #828 on: June 07, 2013, 02:19:46 PM »
There is quite a few people left out of the unit.  Most of them are Chesapeak so I wonder if they are now South West?  WPX is in the process of renewing the permit for the well bore that stops right at our property line.   If WPX goes for well 6 then at that point they would be drilling under our property.  Keeping my fingers crossed that they will at some point take our lease from Tailsman (friendsville lease).

donegal

« Reply #829 on: June 07, 2013, 02:36:21 PM »
There is quite a few people left out of the unit.  Most of them are Chesapeak so I wonder if they are now South West?  WPX is in the process of renewing the permit for the well bore that stops right at our property line.   If WPX goes for well 6 then at that point they would be drilling under our property.  Keeping my fingers crossed that they will at some point take our lease from Tailsman (friendsville lease).

Good luck & God Bless Ya'll.

Donegal

donegal

« Reply #830 on: July 05, 2013, 09:52:25 AM »
Here's an example of Laser being referenced as a "good example" of a company "... ahead of the curve, using new technology even before the law requires it to improve air quality."

http://www.ohiogasassoc.org/2013/06/07/compressor-stations-could-be-next-shale-battleground-in-ohio/

Donegal

donegal

« Reply #831 on: July 05, 2013, 09:56:41 AM »
Here's an article showin' how Laser's been a ",,,boon to Windsor. ..." Looks like it's bringin' tax revenue, jobs AND gas to the area.

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20130606/BUSINESS/306060054/Access-natural-gas-boon-Windsor

Donegal

Wax

« Reply #832 on: July 05, 2013, 10:39:32 AM »
Here's an article showin' how Laser's been a ",,,boon to Windsor. ..." Looks like it's bringin' tax revenue, jobs AND gas to the area.

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20130606/BUSINESS/306060054/Access-natural-gas-boon-Windsor

Donegal
Its is eye opening that Pennsylvania squander these much needed benefits for their citizens.
Susquehanna County residents seen a 3% property tax increase. Susquehanna County, has seen no fewer than three, major pipeline projects in 2012.
wax
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:04:17 PM by Wax »

haybaler

« Reply #833 on: July 05, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »
wonder what the tax increase was in NJ when unions were crying poverty?

Hey donegal  you been here crying yourself for what? five years? Your in? your out? or your dead?

briankulp

« Reply #834 on: July 06, 2013, 10:10:04 AM »
well the laser pipeline was good to my little girl she shot her first buck. last year just saying.15 yrs old and she got a 7 pointer
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:03:39 PM by briankulp »

macal

« Reply #835 on: July 06, 2013, 10:41:15 PM »

We were approached for a pipeline across our hunting property. My brothers agreed to sign because they were to build a small access road that we could use as our private road was very poor. As luck would have it that had to do a wetlands tunnel job and they never built the road.

donegal

« Reply #836 on: July 07, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »
wonder what the tax increase was in NJ when unions were crying poverty?

Hey donegal  you been here crying yourself for what? five years? Your in? your out? or your dead?

Hi Weedwrapper,

Ya'll can blame it all on Laurie.  She's the one what started this thread.  I jus' took the ball and run with it.  I never was in nor out of the Laser Pipeline gig - It's not my neighborhood.  Nevertheless, I am ALL IN on payin' attention to the intention of others to use/take my land.  As for anyone who tells ya' that I'm dead, well they's jus' wishin'. 

I'm  here to learn AND to give others the benefit of my experiences, even if they DON'T want it.  Honestly, my real name ain't Donegal....it's "Shameless Agitator"! ;D slaplaugh

Donegal
p.s. The Laser pipeline saga is a story worth tellin' AND worth rememberin'.  I'm sure that SOMEONE, SOMEDAY will be back demandin' Eminent Domain for Gathering Lines in Pennsylvania.  We all need to be ever vigilant about it, or we may lose the right to negotiate fair and equitable treatment/terms/compensation and WORSE, lose the right to just say, "NO thanks."

p.p.s. I believe that the availability of the internet AND of this Forum with  its members & content, have proven invaluable to so many of us as we consider these O&G matters. Thank you Ronnie, Mr. Administrator, for all your work on this site.

donegal

« Reply #837 on: August 07, 2013, 10:37:18 AM »
"T-w-e-e-e-e-T"

"Hey WPX. Ya' beat up yer' poor sister, WPZ. Now get OFF her!!

So how IS things goin' on the Laser Line Susquehanna Supply Hub? W-e-e-E-L-L, depends on WHO'S doin' the talkin'.

Williams Pipeline Partners (WPZ), in their Q2 2013 Report says things is lookin' good, tryin' to put some make-up on a black eye.
Here's link, click to open slide presentation:
http://www.williamslp.com/Presentations

WPZ Northeast
• Increasing gathered volumes; new monthly record of 1.83* Bcf/d in June 2013 (reached
2 Bcf/d in July)
• Keeping pace with Cabot’s rapid growth in Susquehanna Supply Hub area
• Fort Beeler TXP III placed into service
• Contracting new, third-party volumes as planned

http://www.williamslp.com/Presentations
Now click to open transcript.
Here's an excerpt from the Q2 2013 Earnings Call Transcript:

"...I do want to make one point on guidance within the segments of Williams Partners. You'll note that the Northeast gathering and processing segment profit guidance is lower throughout the guidance period. It's important to understand that this change is really driven as a result of a reallocation of support costs among our WPZ segments. It's not an actual increase in WPZ's overall cost structure in just an allocation amongst the various regions. So bottom line, our guidance now more actively reflects support costs that are being increasingly allocated to support the tremendous growth that we're experiencing in the Northeast, and this accounted for about $30 million lower segment profit for '14 and '15 and a little less than that for '13. That's a good overview of our guidance changes for WPZ which of course is a major driver for WMB's earnings and cash flow. ...

Let's move onto slide 9. As we review the second quarter and the first month of the third quarter, it's rewarding to see how we are executing on the business objectives, bringing new projects into service, setting volume records, and adding new growth projects. These achievements all serve to support our strategy of developing and operating large scale energy infrastructure. ...

And also on the Susquehanna Supply Hub expansions, we're working very hard to keep pace with Cabot's rapid growth up there. Team's doing a great job of working with Cabot. They are a formidable group to try to keep up with their very successful drilling program. We are as excited as anyone to see them add their sixth rig coming up here in August. So a lot going on up there and the great example of how infrastructure and drilling programs need to be coordinated well together. ..."

Oh, ... so O.K., BUT when ya' look at what sibling Company William's Exploration & Production, (WPX), has to say, well, let's jus' say they ain't so SURE about their Sister. Oh, WPZ may be doin' better, but still WPX beat up on her sister anyways.  Let's see what the winner, WPX, got.

http://www.wpxenergy.com/investors/presentations.aspx
Click and open the category along right margin: "2Q Slide Presentation for Analyst Call"

Here's an excerpt:
"Laser contract renegotiated resulting in $10MM in savings in 2013.  Eliminated minimum volume commitment. Now include flow assurances,  capacity allocation, and pressure requirements...

Now go back and open, "2Q Webcast Transcript" that includes this excerpt:
"Compliments to our Marcellus team, and facilities team, to successfully renegotiating the Laser contract in the Marcellus early, result in $10 million of savings for 2013, and as many benefits, which I'll talk about later, for our contract and go-forward operations. ...

And we did proactively renegotiate the laser contract with Williams, savings of $10 million which I mentioned. It eliminated minimum volume commitments. It had new flow insurances, capacity allocations, pressure requirements, release clauses for us. It is a very favorable contract for us in the Marcellus. ...

On slide 13, the Marcellus. We continue to grow our production volumes, they were up by 33%, and we had a record production day of 100 million a day at the end of June. We did this in spite of infrastructure constraints, but I do want to stress that the remedial work at Williams' Dunbar station was completed in June. And the field compression is becoming more reliable, resulting in an uplift in production that you've seen. Production pressure, were constrained, the pressure out there constrained our production about 20 million a day, on average for the second quarter, but by the end of the end of the second quarter, that had dropped to about 10 million a day. And I mentioned several times how good the team did on renegotiating the Laser contract early.

From the Q&A Portion:
"Hsulin Peng - Robert W. Baird & Company, Inc. - Analyst
Okay, got it. And then second question regarding Marcellus. I was wondering, given that it's still infrastructure hampered, what would you need to see before you can add another rig? And when do you expect the constraints to be cleared up completely?

Bryan Guderian - WPX Energy Inc - SVP of Operations
This is Brian Guderian. What we are looking to do now that the Williams infrastructure is more or less stabilized and continues to improve, we are likely to add additional compression in the field to lower the operating conditions near the wellbore, so that we can improve the deliverability into the system there. And so, it's as simple as potentially adding a second stage of compression across our field gathering systems.

Ralph Hill - WPX Energy Inc - CEO
Ideally what I have said is that I would like to see is that next year in the Marcellus go back to at least three rigs. Primarily, probably all of those in Susquehanna County. But it's just too early to say that yet. But we are encouraged that the amount that is currently being constrained is much less than it was. And, as Brian said, some of the field where we see compression is becoming more reliable. So, as we continue to see better signs, I would say that you could see us next year with a plan to be more on three rigs or so, in the Marcellus, versus the one.

I'm sorry, I would just add to that, that based on the three rigs that Ralph just mentioned, we feel we have ample capacity to move that production to the mainline through the end of 2014. So, we will not have any downstream constraints, assuming we go back to a growth program of three rigs.

Hsulin Peng - Robert W. Baird & Company, Inc. - Analyst
Okay. So would you just go from one to three or would you go from one to two to three? And when could that addition, I mean are we thinking potentially early '14 for the three rigs, or just later in '14?

Well, don't think this is guidance yet, but ideally we have the rigs available, and we will put those all to work in early '14 at the same time. We have the personnel in place, and we have the rigs in place if we need them."

........."...I mentioned several times how good the team did on renegotiating the Laser contract early."...."...I mentioned several times how good the team did on renegotiating the Laser contract early." ..."...I mentioned several times how good the team did on renegotiating the Laser contract early."   Yeah, THAT'S it.  Beat up yer' poor Sis and THEN jus' rub her face in it TOO,.....as if she ain't been embarassed enough already.

Donegal
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:41:13 AM by donegal »

donegal

« Reply #838 on: August 28, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »
Now WHY might some Company like Laser, or Williams, or Peregrine NOT want to be gettin' one of them cute lil' "Certificates of Public Convenience" (suitable for framin') replete with Eminent Domain?....In fact why did they apply for it, then say, we withdraw our application?  Who wouldn't want Eminent Domain?  Hmmm.....well, lessee,.....it's sorta' really all about makin' money.  Now sure, that means time is money and E.D. might get it in the ground quicker AND shorter, but how about the long-term?   How quick could they make that money up IF they were free to set the pipeline rates as high as the market would bear, WITHOUT   fear of PA  PUC oversight on the Gathering Line matters of business.  You know, be LIKE a utility without goin' so far as bein' a Utility.

Here's an article on Master Limited Partnerships - a common way to raise capital for pipelines:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/phildemuth/2013/08/27/you-havent-really-considered-mlps-have-you/

Here's an excerpt: (color, bold mine)
"Here is the business model: the pipes have a meter and they charge for the amount of oil or gas they pass.  While they are in the energy business, their fortunes do not particularly depend on energy prices, because people need oil and gas delivered whether it is expensive or cheap.  In this respect, they are like utilities.  There is a general partner, who operates the business (with various incentives), and limited partners — you, the unitholders — who provide capital and receive cash distributions from ongoing operations.

So far, this sounds fairly boring.  You get a steady stream of income from a low-beta source, just the thing for a retiree, perhaps, or someone looking for diversification.  Don’t look for the next iPhone or Google Glass here.  It’s only when we come to the subject of taxes that your units will perk up.

Consider this: we all need energy, and these are capital-intensive industries, yet at the end of this rainbow is a low-return asset: a rate-regulated pipeline.  ..."

Well maybe the pipeline co. thinkin' went sumthin' like this here:

"Yeah,.....O.K., so let's be "like" a utility.  We want to be needed, some nice steady business, but we don't want no rate-review/justification by some Bureaucrats.  No, let's just keep under the radar as plain old Pennsylvania Gathering System, doin' our own thing, like we want. That way  we can even have our pipeline haulin' some sister Company's stuff & we can charge really high prices.  No problem.  It's jus' goin' from one pants pocket to another,.....well, 'xcept for them Royalty Owners who gets dinged for their "share" of post-production costs. Nahh, sure wouldn't want no PUC lookin' at none of them details just cause we come under Pa PUC scrutiny, all just to get E.D., so's we could get a straighter line."

Is that what happened?  Hey, I dunno', but I do know that they all backed out of askin' for them Certificates for SOME reason & I bet it's close to havin' sumthin' to do with makin' money easier, not harder.

Speakin' of makin' money the easy way, them Fellers shoulda' come & seen me.  I coulda' whipped 'em out a Official-lookin' "Certificate" in between runs of them $20 Jacksons. Where do ya' think some of them Marcellus High Grads got their Diplomas?  ;D
Donegal

Duke Clampett

« Reply #839 on: September 02, 2013, 10:39:12 AM »
"T-w-e-e-e-e-T"

From the Q&A Portion:
"Hsulin Peng - Robert W. Baird & Company, Inc. - Analyst
Okay, got it. And then second question regarding Marcellus. I was wondering, given that it's still infrastructure hampered, what would you need to see before you can add another rig? And when do you expect the constraints to be cleared up completely?

This is Brian Guderian. What we are looking to do now that the Williams infrastructure is more or less stabilized and continues to improve, we are likely to add additional compression in the field to lower the operating conditions near the wellbore, so that we can improve the deliverability into the system there. And so, it's as simple as potentially adding a second stage of compression across our field gathering systems.

Ideally what I have said is that I would like to see is that next year in the Marcellus go back to at least three rigs. Primarily, probably all of those in Susquehanna County. But it's just too early to say that yet. But we are encouraged that the amount that is currently being constrained is much less than it was. And, as Brian said, some of the field where we see compression is becoming more reliable. So, as we continue to see better signs, I would say that you could see us next year with a plan to be more on three rigs or so, in the Marcellus, versus the one.

I'm sorry, I would just add to that, that based on the three rigs that Ralph just mentioned, we feel we have ample capacity to move that production to the mainline through the end of 2014. So, we will not have any downstream constraints, assuming we go back to a growth program of three rigs.

Hsulin Peng - Robert W. Baird & Company, Inc. - Analyst
Okay. So would you just go from one to three or would you go from one to two to three? And when could that addition, I mean are we thinking potentially early '14 for the three rigs, or just later in '14?

Well, don't think this is guidance yet, but ideally we have the rigs available, and we will put those all to work in early '14 at the same time. We have the personnel in place, and we have the rigs in place if we need them."

Donegal

Donegal,

Thanks for the most informative extract. We Clampett dogs have plenty of takeaway capacity, we're just a'waiting for WPX to drop some more scraps on our floor!

Duke