Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 6 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Example of Forced Pooling involving Chesapeake  (Read 14493 times)

Fossil

Example of Forced Pooling involving Chesapeake
« on: February 12, 2010, 09:09:52 PM »
http://www.aogc2.state.ar.us/Hearing%20Applications%20Archive/2006/May/142-2006-05.pdf

While searching a specific name and Chesapeake this link googled up. It is a hearing where people were being force pooled. Chesapeake is listed as a interest.
I guess this is what happens in other states when people do not want to lease. The person I was searching for came up under "description of efforts".

The bottom of the link has a break down of drilling cost. Interesting, the landman told me it cost 8 million per well. This breakdown shows a little under 2 million at that time.

Try clicking on the link again if it doesn't work the first time. I usually get results on the second or third try.

brownswissmomma

Re: Example of Forced Pooling involving Chesapeake
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 04:25:11 AM »
The well cost was from 2006, so the cost of a well more than doubled in 4 years!

bigunit

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 04:36:15 AM »
THATS JUST NOT RIGHT. Do you know if the order was approved? I guess the lesson to be learned here is - Do not go on vacation for more than four days or you may be force pooled. From what I read, Donald Hughes never spoke or negotiated with the landman and was given a final offer via certified mail after only five days. Another thing to keep in mind is to never say NO to a landman if you do not like his terms. This is the mistake Mr. U.M. Hughes made and it was later used against him. You are better off to keep them talking and keep requesting more information about the lease. Put the information requests in writing to them and keep notes on dates, times and everything they say and keep requesting more info if you still do not like the terms. This may help you prove at a forced pool hearing that you have been negotiating in good faith.

I do not know if any of this would help or not, but is a strategy used in labor negotiations. As long as you keep negotiations going and keep good records, hopefully you will have more power when the chips fall at the forced pool hearing.

Good find Fossil.

JEB

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »
I think that forced pooling is an option all O&G's should have.  If you are in the middle of a 400 acre production unit and you own 30 acres blocking access to the other leased landowners land on the other side of you, then the O&G should have the right to drill under you and put you in that pool.  Why, because you are denying the other leased landowners the right to a royalty check!  The majority of landowners in a production unit should always rule!

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »
I think that forced pooling is an option all O&G's should have.  If you are in the middle of a 400 acre production unit and you own 30 acres blocking access to the other leased landowners land on the other side of you, then the O&G should have the right to drill under you and put you in that pool.  Why, because you are denying the other leased landowners the right to a royalty check!  The majority of landowners in a production unit should always rule!

Jeb, I sure hope your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek for that one.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

greg

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 02:16:15 PM »
A month and a half ago.  I was told that if I didn't take the offered lease that they could take the gas from under me, and pay me the state minimum royalty.  It really upsets you when your on the other side of the fence. Made me wonder what country I live in.

ruby_99

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 02:37:40 PM »
...The majority of landowners ... should always rule!
Um, I don't know how to tell you this, but we all voted and....

we're dividing up your mineral rights among us. We're giving you $500 per acre. Since you're already leased, it's only fair. No?
80ac AlleghenyCounty, PA still unleased, 70 ac Washington County finally leased
As always, use this link to sign up for Dropbox! Get rewarded with extra space for you and for me.

duffy

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 02:55:45 PM »
Come on JEB, what are you smoking? That's the biggest line of bull, last i knew OUR land was OUR land, just cause the gas is there dosn't give anybody the right to take it from us cause of a majority rule. And IF somebody chooses to not lease that's THEIR choice not YOURS or anybody elses. Sorry JETHRO beat you to it  ;D cause i know you will have a reply to this crap, i think his WAVE just drowned him.

JEB

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 04:13:23 PM »
Come on JEB, what are you smoking? That's the biggest line of bull, last i knew OUR land was OUR land, just cause the gas is there dosn't give anybody the right to take it from us cause of a majority rule. And IF somebody chooses to not lease that's THEIR choice not YOURS or anybody elses. Sorry JETHRO beat you to it  ;D cause i know you will have a reply to this crap, i think his WAVE just drowned him.

Duffy,

What if you were some poor farmer or landowner that was blocked forever from receiving a royalty check because someone blocking you wouldn't sign a lease?   Put yourself in that position.  If you think that it wouldn't bother you why don't you just send me those royalty checks you are going to soon receive?  Anyone else that thinks as duffy does may send them to me as well!  I am not talking about invading the surface of the blocking property.  Or taking the landowners gas and not paying them.  They get the same as everyone else per acre in the pool! But they do get drilled under them.

mohawk70

• Premium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »

Could be worse.  They could take your land under the 1938 Gas Act under Federal Eminent Domain.
Please remember:  The planet Earth is a VOLCANO.   You cannot "save" a volcano ... and volcanoes do not NEED to be saved.

Dogbone

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 04:30:55 PM »
Come on JEB, what are you smoking? That's the biggest line of bull, last i knew OUR land was OUR land, just cause the gas is there dosn't give anybody the right to take it from us cause of a majority rule. And IF somebody chooses to not lease that's THEIR choice not YOURS or anybody elses. ...............................................

Right on!

duffy

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 04:37:02 PM »
What you don't seem to understand Jeb is that i AM a POOR farmer who has sold timber, stone etc to KEEP this LAND. AND HAVE WORKED 24/7 365 to keep this land. We signed the lease to pay the taxes and guess what they drilled, so if this new found wealth comes so be it. I won't send you the sweat off my brow let alone any royalty, we have worked our butts off to keep what we have. Again if someone chooses not to lease that's their choice, and they shouldn't be forced to do anything that they don't agree with. A member, that's now retired, once asked you to meet at the mailbox and discuss things over a cup of coffee, i'll give you that same offer. I'll bet you won't take me up on it, how do those neighbors that you talked into signing rows get along with you now? Keep spewing your bull, there are still enough older members that can and will still call it like it is.

JEB

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 04:55:07 PM »
I really don't think that at all folks!  It is your right to lease or not to lease and no one should be allowed to drill under your land without your permission!  But this is something that is happening right now in the Troy area.  Some of the production units have had to be moved sideways several thousand feet.  Some have been eliminated completely because a landowner or landowners refusing to sign a lease.

It is just something to think about when you make a decision not to lease.  It could effect a lot of your neighbors financially in a big way!  BUT THE CHOICE IS YOURS OF COURSE!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:32:02 PM by JEB »

rfscala

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »
Oh well...the whole thing is a crap shoot anyway, isn't it?

There is the chance that you don't get a lease offer in time, the chance that you take an offer and it's too low, the chance you never get drilled, the chance that you are on a fault, the chance you have no gas under you. That's life.

JEB

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 05:40:14 PM »
What you don't seem to understand Jeb is that i AM a POOR farmer who has sold timber, stone etc to KEEP this LAND. AND HAVE WORKED 24/7 365 to keep this land. We signed the lease to pay the taxes and guess what they drilled, so if this new found wealth comes so be it. I won't send you the sweat off my brow let alone any royalty, we have worked our butts off to keep what we have. Again if someone chooses not to lease that's their choice, and they shouldn't be forced to do anything that they don't agree with. A member, that's now retired, once asked you to meet at the mailbox and discuss things over a cup of coffee, i'll give you that same offer. I'll bet you won't take me up on it, how do those neighbors that you talked into signing rows get along with you now? Keep spewing your bull, there are still enough older members that can and will still call it like it is.

duffy,

My neighbors are all fine with the ROW"S!  What you don't seem to understand is that without pipelines there is no way to get the gas to market! 

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button