Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 6 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Example of Forced Pooling involving Chesapeake  (Read 14492 times)

guardian

Re: Example of Forced Pooling involving Chesapeake
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 04:52:12 PM »
This is why I earlier suggested a threat . . in advance.  This situation does not sound to me like a good candidate to be the test case.  But surely I could be in error on this.
I agree this is probably not the best case for "the" case due to the fact we are leased with the same company as the property owner of the well. The best case would probably be someone who is unleased or is leased to another company. In that event, the other company would fight for their leased gas.

A question though, a representative from Petroleum Dev't Corp actually said to my husband that we can't guarantee we are not going to take your gas, but you can't prove it. They did quote the Texas case...  Could we prove somehow they are taking gas. I know the rule of capture history has something to do with water. Anyway to test storm water running into sewerage dye is used. It's a shame we can't put a tracer in our gas at the Marcellus level. Could we get a seismic test done ourselves to see where the successful fraccing was done? How could you PROVE it??

I believe there is no practical way to prove what you wish to prove.  It's all happening a mile down.  They can do pretty much as they wish.  You will just have to hope they eventually include you in another DU, and I think they will.  When, I don't know.  As you yourself pointed out, being already leased narrows your options.  You are handcuffed for now.  But things might still turn out OK for you . . . in the fullness of time.

If they do not include you in a DU before your lease expires, then your situation would become more "interesting".  For now your loss is one of royalty payments delayed . . . . . but not denied . . . . . at least not yet.   

brownswissmomma

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »
Brownswissmomma,

When the drilling crew was drilling the well were you angry, upset, and complaining to them because of the drilling?

Your story sounds like they are trying to get revenge on you.  One of my neighbors did that stuff and they excluded his property from the production unit!  His complaining started with the pipeline ROW and then included everything else they did from then on! They were not ever even on his property.

Jeb, In fact no. We have been very polite and cooperative. It kind of floored us when, speaking to the production manager, and later confirmed on the phone from another company source, they would only be paying royalties to the landowner that the well was on. We have allowed them to test our water, signed a waiver for the compressor station to be closer than the local ordinances allow, and have tried our best to let them know we support gas drilling. We never complained about the noise although we are down-slope from the drilling activity. Really really we don't know why. Makes no sense to us at all.  Hopefully they will go horizontal and include us later, but of course a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!

mohawk70

• Premium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 09:22:14 AM »
Maybe you should have brought home-baked chocolate chip cookies.
Please remember:  The planet Earth is a VOLCANO.   You cannot "save" a volcano ... and volcanoes do not NEED to be saved.

brownswissmomma

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 09:43:30 AM »
Maybe you should have brought home-baked chocolate chip cookies
There is always that ;D ;D
Maybe we were trying TOO hard to be what we are; you know, welcoming country folk.

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button