Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 2 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 5 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Local Water Well Driller offers insight into Marcellus shale drilling Process

• 19 Replies

PointBlank

• I never met a man I didn't like ~ Until now!

Kilgour Farms

I guess he's fly at half staff by now.   ::)

funk50

thanks for providing this insight.

i've been told that in some areas of clinton county water wells have a maximum depth to prevent methane instrusion. i've also heard second hand about methane in water wells in the north bend area before gas wells were drilled (but never confirmed the stories).

i wonder if some of the issues seen with methane in well water are due to breaching some geologic barrier that allows methane from other formations to enter the water table, not from defective well casings or poor fracs of marcellus wells. would isotope analysis let you determine the source of the methane?

Kilgour Farms

Francis Xavier Tully   |   Visit Guest Book

Francis Xavier Tully, 86, of Thompson, PA, died on Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011. He was the husband of Joan Curtis Tully.
Born in Poyntelle, Pa., on Feb. 22, 1925, he was the son of the Ben and Gertrude Tully. After graduating from Preston High School in 1942, as valedictorian of his class, Francis joined the family well drilling business with his father and his brother, Thomas Tully. He was a well drilling contractor for over 75 years. Francis was a member of St. Martin of Tours Church, Jackson, PA, and a lifetime member of the Thompson Fire Company, where he was the official bingo caller for 37 years.
Francis also enjoyed reading, crossword puzzles, hunting, fishing, and sharing stories with his family and many friends. He will be greatly missed by all whose lives he touched.
Surviving are his wife of 56 years, Joan, a son, Martin T. and wife, Kathy, all of Thompson, Pa., a grandson, Ryan, Herkimer, NY, four sisters-in-law Arlene Doyle, Orson, Pa., Marion and husband Edward Hirko, Endwell, Ny., Aretta Curtis, Atlanta, Ga., Eva Edwards, Hornell, Ny., and a brother-in-law, Burton Curtis and his wife Mona, Mountain Home, Id. Also surviving are many nieces and nephews. In addition to his parents and brother, Thomas, Francis was predeceased by his two sisters, Marie Tully George and Catherine Tully Kay.
Family and friends may call at the Henderson-Biedekapp Funeral Chapel, Hancock, Ny., on Saturday, Feb. 26 from 2-4 and 6-9 p.m. A funeral mass will be held at St. Martin of Tours Church, Jackson, Pa., on Saturday, March 5 at 10 a.m. Burial will be at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Francis' memory to the Thompson Hose Company, Box 419, Thompson, Pa., 18465.
Arrangements by Henderson-Biedekapp Funeral Chapel, Hancock, Ny. Published in Wayne Independent from February 25 to February 27, 2011

virtuallyme

sadly, the end of an era