Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 6 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Chesapeake reduces offer  (Read 9925 times)

Fossil

Chesapeake reduces offer
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
http://newage-examiner.com/sections/news/archive/2010/05/19/mehoopany-signs-pact-with-chesapeake.aspx

The link is to a article which states that chesapeake has reduced it's offers from the 5750 to 3000.

770n

Re: Chesapeake reduces offer
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »
What does he mean that he doesn't know why Chesapeake lowered the money? It's to scare the last few unleased into signing a crappy lease.  Same old same old. They are still getting people to sign boilerplate leases, so they don't have to give up anything.   I may never sign a lease, however I will not sign a Chesapeake lease with no addenda for any amount of money. 

Dogbone

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 03:18:09 PM »
Maybe it's because Chesapeake may have more leased land at present than they can hold by production for the foreseeable future.  So why pay the higher signing bonus for new leases.  Just guessing.  I don't really know the reason why.  Do you?

aubrey

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 03:29:53 PM »
i think its a combination of the other ideas expressed so far plus...a current lack of competition in leasing.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 07:04:23 PM »
Don't give up so easy. It took me 6 months of diferent, 42 of them to sign. Have faith brother!

aubrey

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »
nah, it's too late, i missed the boat. :'(
CHANGE IT BACK!

Garvin

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
There is such a thing as holding out too long. These things turn around every 10-15 years or sooner though, you might get another shot.

Buddy Ebsen

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 09:26:33 PM »

I'm afraid not!

Fossil

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 10:53:14 PM »
It all just makes it easier to say NO.

Would most people go back and reuse the services of a business that treated the customer so bad? Chesapeake takes every chance they can to get one over on the landowners. Look at the BP oil pouring into OUR oceans. Look how BP is handling it. How will Chesapeake handle things when something goes wrong in our front yards?  If they'll screw you to make a deal, they'll screw you harder when the dung hits the fan.

I'm glad I didn't sign. A little money just isn't worth it.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:54:55 PM by Fossil »

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 04:05:28 AM »
We had a small land group formed to help us get our price. As time went on we found the smaller companies pull out. So you're right. You can let too much time pass. We hoped to get signed before things went south. I guess we got lucky.

aubrey

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 05:59:48 AM »
There is such a thing as holding out too long. These things turn around every 10-15 years or sooner though, you might get another shot.

well thanks young man, those words are a little comfort to an old coot like myself.

im not sure i have 10 or 15 yrs left, but if'n i dont, at least my kids might do alright from this gas business. i'd sure appreciate it if you could drop by and call on them when that ship comes back into port and help them to not make the same mistake i made.

by golly you tell them to sign and make it quick before it goes down again...ok?

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

Back40

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 06:13:45 AM »

well thanks young man, those words are a little comfort to an old coot like myself.

im not sure i have 10 or 15 yrs left, but if'n i dont, at least my kids might do alright from this gas business. i'd sure appreciate it if you could drop by and call on them when that ship comes back into port and help them to not make the same mistake i made.

by golly you tell them to sign and make it quick before it goes down again...ok?

wj

Two years ago there were good offers all around my area but by the time they were getting to me in fall 2008, the credit had dried up and the offers dried up too. I thought I missed it. A year later small offers started to pop up. Six months after that, I got an offer that was at least equal to the ones  I missed in 2008 so I think the cycle is more likely to be a year or two than 10 or 15 unless the companies believe the area has proved to be not a good gas area.

aubrey

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 06:17:42 AM »
i thought young mr garvin there is an oil man. he probably has info and insights about this sort of thing.

i dont see why he would mislead us, the industry is only here to help us afterall, right?

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

Back40

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 06:45:41 AM »
i thought young mr garvin there is an oil man. he probably has info and insights about this sort of thing.

i dont see why he would mislead us, the industry is only here to help us afterall, right?

wj

;)

Wax

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 07:08:08 AM »

wj
From where I'm standing ! I love to trade places with you wj.
Wax

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button